Tohoku University’s Global Engagement Division is looking for a new staff member to coordinate collaborations and exchanges with alumni around the world. They welcome applications from our alumni because ideas from alumni are the key to deepening the ties between alumni and Tohoku University.
Full time, Fixed-term Employee
Global Engagement Division, Katahira Campus
Katahira 2-1-1, Aoba-ku, Sendai City, Miyagi 980-8577
1. Planning and implementation of overseas alumni exchange events
2. Management of the content of the alumni website (uploading articles, writing to international alumni to request articles, etc.)
3. Sending news via email to alumni
4. Liaising and coordination with alumni associations in different countries and regions, and the carrying out of collaborative events
5. Coordination regarding the establishment of alumni associations in different countries and regions
6. Other tasks handled by the Global Engagement Division (such as the internationalization of administrative tasks, providing support to visitors, and helping to organize various events)
1. A bachelor’s degree or higher
2. A TOEIC score of 900 points or higher, or Eiken Test Grade 1 (or a higher equivalent), is desirable
3. If you are a foreign national, it is desirable that you be fluent in Japanese
4. A high level of communications skills
5. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills sufficient for carrying out the required duties
Number of positions:
September, 1, 2021, or as soon thereafter as possible (please inquire)
•1 copy of your CV (to include your education and work history, and e-mail address)
•A brief explanation of what makes you an ideal candidate (in a format of your own choosing)
•A description of your prior professional activities (in a format of your own choosing)
•Proof of proficiency in Japanese and English, if these languages are not your native languages (a copy of your JLPT certificate, TOEIC or Eiken certificate, etc.)
July 16 (Fri), 2021 (No late applications)
*Send the required documents by registered mail or email.
*If you send the application by mail, please write "Fixed-term Employee Application Materials Enclosed" in red on the envelope. Application materials will not be returned.
*If you send the application by email, please use the subject line "Submission: Fixed-term Employee Application Materials ". Also, since application documents contain your personal information, please be careful to ensure that you send them to the correct e-mail address.
Internal review of application materials followed by an interview (as needed).
Tohoku University Global Engagement Division
Katahira 2-1-1, Aoba-ku, Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture, 980-8577
Contact: Fumihiro KUMAGAI at the General Affairs Section
*For more detailed conditions, please check here.